Digital Marketing Assistant - Work placement or Permanent Full-time position
Location: Kendal (LA9 7BY)
Deadline: Friday 19th July 2019
To Apply: CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Working Hours: Full time 37.5hrs per week, Monday – Friday, 8.30am-5.00pm with one hour for lunch. Part time, by agreement.
Salary: £17,000+ depending on skills and experience. Pro rata if part time.
Are you an undergraduate or graduate that is looking to experience an exciting digital marketing / social media role in a forward thinking local company on the edge of the beautiful Lake District?
Working with leading brands in the Outdoor Accessories Market, Whitby and Co is a leading UK distributor of innovative brands such as Leatherman (multi-tools) and Klean Kanteen (stainless steel water bottles) and an established family business.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic undergraduate/graduate who would love a new challenge.
This position is in Kendal, Cumbria and will either be for 10-12 months starting August 2019 or on a long-term permanent basis. Part time working will be considered.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assisting the Marketing Manager in developing and improving the digital and social media marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives.
- Increase our social media presence and use this effectively to engage with retailers, brand ambassadors and consumers.
- Help manage the company’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other relevant platforms.
- Engage in social media presence on new and emerging social media platforms.
- Create dynamic written and graphic content.
- Create content that increases audience presence on company sites and encourages audience participation.
- Assist marketing manager with large projects.
- Work as part of a team to develop large social media and digital campaigns.
- Analyse and report audience information, demographics and success of existing social media projects.
- Propose new ideas and concepts for social media content.
- Assisting with paid media including liaising with digital advertising agencies.
- Keeping up to date with current digital trends.
- Assisting the Marketing team in organising and attending exhibitions.
- Assisting the Marketing team in producing the annual catalogue and interim publications.
- Other tasks as directed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ideally an undergraduate or recent graduate from a Social Media/Digital Marketing related background or a subject related to Marketing/Social Media/Communications. Previous experience in a marketing, social media or digital marketing role would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of social, digital and mobile tools and current web marketing tools, such as SEO and PPC marketing.
- An understanding and interest in e-commerce.
- Strong creative writing skills.
- Experience (preferred but not essential) of design software such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, In Design and Illustrator, as well as social media management and online tools such as Hootsuite, Sproutsocial, MailChimp and Shopify.
- Understanding of all relevant platforms - such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and influencer marketing and blogs.
- Strong PC/MAC skills, including knowledge of commonly used Microsoft products (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Understanding of google analytics (or other analytic solutions), Google Adwords and email platforms.
- Creative and the ability to contribute new and innovative ideas.
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for digital marketing and retail.
- Excellent communication skills and written business English.
- An analytical approach.
- Close attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and an ability to manage and prioritise workload.
- Flexible and able to perform in a fast-paced working environment.
- A team player who strives to achieve business goals and uphold company values.